Top tech students will need to succeed this school year
(BPT) - Today's high school and college students rely on technology for a lot more than entertainment and socializing; their devices are vital for their academic success. With the right tech in hand, young adults are primed to work and study more efficiently.
If you'll be sending your teen back to high school this year, or off to college, the back-to-school experts at Staples offer tips on must-have pieces of technology:
* Streaming devices - Sometimes your student will want to watch video, listen to music or access online content on a screen bigger than his smartphone. For those times, streaming devices like Google's Chromecast and Amazon's Fire Stick plug easily into the USB port of a TV or home theater system and deliver internet content from a variety of online services.
* Earbuds - Whether they're listening to the newest download from a favorite singer, reviewing their latest physics class lecture or having a private conversation with Mom on their smartphone, students need quality earbuds that can plug into a range of devices. Earbuds not only allow users to catch every nuance of sound for whatever they're listening to, they can also help keep the peace between roommates sharing a cramped dorm room!
* A 15-inch laptop - Sure you can find laptops with bigger or smaller screens, but for students a 15-inch laptop is the sweet spot for size, convenience and utility. Options like the Dell Intel Pentium Notebook and the Dell Inspiron Notebook, each available at Staples for just $249.99, are powerful for work and play, plus are light enough to go easily into a backpack or tote for a hike across campus.
* Tablets - For something even lighter and more versatile, students may opt for the Microsoft Surface 4 Pro bundle exclusively from Staples. It features the ultra-light Surface 4 Pro tablet with Windows 10, a Microsoft Surface Dock, Microsoft Office 365 software and a wireless mobile mouse. Even better, all desktops, laptops or all-in-one PCs from Staples qualify for 30 days of free tech support.
* Tech cords - It's easy to lose track of charging cords, USB cables and other critical cords when a student is running from class to class. Equip your student with spare cords and power plugs for every device, and add in a Jansport Digital Burrito Pouch to keep all their cords and accessories organized in one place.
* Backpack/computer pouches - When they head off to high school or college, students need a backpack that can handle everything they want to carry, including their tech. The Designed by Students Back 2 Back Backpack features a removable hardshell laptop compartment, to ensure their device is well protected. Or, if they prefer to carry a tablet, look for a backpack that offers a separate, removable tablet sleeve.
* Wearables - Whether it's a smartwatch, a fitness tracker or a GPS, chances are good your student will want wearable technology. Smartwatches put the power of a smartphone on a student's wrist, while fitness trackers can help them monitor (and feel good about) all those steps they'll take while trekking around campus. And students who are going to college in a new city can navigate securely from home to school, around town and around campus with the help of a wearable GPS device.
You can find all the tech your students need to succeed this year at Staples, where the Staples Less List for School offers the lowest prices on school supplies, from laptops and tablets to USB drives, ear buds, batteries and more. Visit www.staples.com/backtoschool to learn more.