7 ways technology can help you enjoy the holiday season
(BPT) - It’s the holiday season, and this may be the only opportunity you have this year to gather with distant family and friends you may not otherwise see. And once you’re with them, the memories you’ll create should keep you smiling throughout all of 2016.
But sometimes it’s hard to record these special moments properly or even to share them quickly with those that matter to you. We know that millions of people will get new smart phones and tablets this holiday season so we’ve put together some hints and tips from the fastest growing app (Nielsen) Facebook Messenger.
It’s all about technology that makes it easy for you to chat, share, send and more. Facebook Messenger makes it easier than ever to capture those special memories and share them with your friends and loved ones. More than 9.5 billion photos are sent in Messenger each month, and Messenger has scores of other tools you can use to share and remember the holidays. Check out seven helpful features.
1. Easy photo sharing. You already know Messenger helps people share billions of photos each month. But there is still a lot of friction in sending the photos you take to your friends who are in them. Now in Messenger, after you take a picture of a friend or group of friends, if you want to, Photo Magic will help you send it immediately. You won’t need to stop the fun to make sure everyone has a copy of the picture. Photo Magic will help you keep your promise to send the pictures you take without forgetting, or worse, leaving someone out.
2. Create that custom conversation. Messenger is all about personal connections, and today there are more fun ways to customize your conversations than ever before. Employ different colors, emoji or nicknames to make your conversation as unique as the group involved in it.
3. Go in on gifts together. Choosing the perfect gift is hard enough; figuring out how to split the cost of it shouldn’t be. Use Messenger to send money to your friends, without having to whip out your check book – or download extra apps. Now, if you want to buy someone the biggie on their list, or if you’re dividing up the bill after a night out, it’s easy to ask others to pay up for their share.
4. Let it snow. Nothing conveys the beauty of the season like a snowflake, and now you can add them to all of your Messenger conversations. But don’t be afraid to change it up as well. Santa Claus, snowmen, even a Christmas tree, there are plenty of seasonal stickers and emoji perfect for the season. It’s just like creating your own snow globe for everyone to enjoy.
5. Get expressive. Gifts, decorations and treats galore, there are plenty of ways to express yourself during the holiday season and Messenger lets you expand on that creativity. Show your sense of humor with themed GIF and sticker packs including Star Wars and Frozen. Each is sure to delight you as well as its recipients.
6. Don’t let the distance stop the celebrating. Just because you can’t attend a holiday event in person doesn’t mean you should miss out. Messenger’s high-quality voice and video calling works from any tablet, phone or desktop, allowing you to feel like you’re right in the room no matter where the party is taking place.
7. And finally find an Uber solution. Transportation on Messenger makes it easy to request a ride from a car service. You don’t need to download an extra app or even leave your conversation. It’s easy, and that means you have more time to enjoy being in the moment and not worrying about how you’ll get there.
There are already more than 700 million people using Messenger so why not join them? Whether you’ve never used Messenger before or you’re interested in taking a deeper look at what the technology can do for you, Messenger has everything you need to make your holidays unforgettable.